The Finance & Extension Board is seeking a part-time Secretary to administer all the secretarial functions of the Board. The position requires approximately 35 hours per month. The Secretary will be paid a comparable salary related to field and years of experience.
- Issuing agendas and minutes of Board and committee meetings.
- Approving invoices and acting as signing officer for cheques, contracts, and loan agreements.
- Preparing the annual funding proposal and the annual budget in consultation with the Treasurer.
- Monitoring the cash flow of the Board in conjunction with the Treasurer and the Chair of the Finance Committee.
- Preparing loan agreements, payment schedules, and monitoring loans for loan clients.
- Communicating with the Investment Manager on cash withdrawals and changes to asset allocation and reporting these actions to the Investment Committee.
- Working closely with the Office Administrator on the accounting cycle, the integration of topics related to Regional Council/Board coordination, including grants, bursaries and the withdrawal of funds from restricted investment accounts.
- Coordinating the annual Review Engagement, preparation and filing of annual financial statements and the charity returns in conjunction with the Treasurer and the Office Administrator.
- Working with the Property Committee on assigned property temporarily held by the Board for sale, including payment of expenses on the building, determination of Management fees, and Notarial agreements.
- Strong knowledge of accounting, law, contracts, investments.
- Post-secondary education together with several years of business experience.
- Highly developed verbal and written skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate in both French and English.
- Organizational skills to meet deadlines and complete multiple tasks.
- High degree of competence in MS Office software products (Word, Excel).
- Ability to work independently, as well as collegially in a team environment.
- Capable of working consultatively with Board members and volunteers.
- Knowledge of the polity and policy of the United Church of Canada.
This position functions from both the Regional Council office in Lachine and from the home of the Secretary. The Secretary is responsible for maintaining the files of the Board on the computer server and is able to make significant use of the Internet to communicate.
Applications are to be submitted by email to email@example.com by August 24, 2020 and must include a CV.