Presentation to Regional Council
United Church of Canada
Caring for Creation: https://united-church.ca/social-action/justice-initiatives/climate-change
2022 Presentation (Bold in the Body) by Rev. Wendy Evans (GreenFaith Montreal)
- Video: ’One’ par Birdtalker : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odlw8WdsZS8
- Video: ‘Earthrise’ by Amanda Gorman : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwOvBv8RLmo
- Text of poem ‘Earthrise’ : https://www.sierraclub.org/los-padres/blog/2021/02/earthrise-poem-amanda-gorman
- GreenFaith: https://greenfaith.org
- For the love of creation: https://fortheloveofcreation.ca
- Watershed Discipleship: https://watersheddiscipleship.org
- Senior Stewards Acting for the Environment: https://seniorstewardsactingfortheenvironment.org
- The All We Can Save Project: https://www.allwecansave.earth
- The BTS centre: https://thebtscenter.org
- Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants – by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Rooted & Rising: Voices of Courage in a Time of Climate Crisis – edited by Leah D Schade and Margaret Bullit-Jonas
- All We Can Save: Truth, Courage, and Solutions for the Climate Crisis – edited by Anyone Elizabeth Johnson and Katharine K. Wilkinson
- From What is to What If: Unleashing the Power of Imagination to create the future we want – by Rob Hopkins
(shared by Natacha Sanson, St. Lambert United Church) A crew of gardeners started off in the spring by transplanting a huge “old growth” peony from the Mercille side of the church to a flower bed near the entrance on the Notre Dame side. The sheer joy of noticing,...
On Earth Day, April 22, 2022, members of the Environment Network were privileged to attend a live online presentation (in French) by the Anti-Polus team, a group of dedicated fifth-grade students in Natacha Sanson's ESL class. The enthusiastic and articulate...
Recently, in February, Grade 5 students began their « Delicious » unit about food. From my vantage point, that represents repetition over 5 groups of a unit I’ve done at least 4 times with the same book. Bluntly, the topic of food, restaurants and role play has been...
Members of our regional council recently shared an inspiring article with me (linked below) about finding meaningful ways to reduce consumption in our Christmas shopping. For me, this New York Times article by Anneliese Griffin brought back memories of a favourite...
Follow the Environment Network on social media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/environmentnakonhakaecologie
To learn more, please contact David-Roger Gagnon.