Job Number: 20-39
Opening/Closing Date: November 5, 2020 to November 23, 2020
Conseil régional Nakonha:ka Regional Council, as part of the wider United Church of Canada, is seeking an individual to fill the role of Pastoral Relations Minister on a full-time basis (35 hours/week) for a 1 year term. The ability to communicate effectively in English and French, with a particular emphasis on verbal fluency is required. This position reports to the Regional Executive Minister.
The Pastoral Relations Minister provides professional support to Ministry Personnel, other United Church Employees, Pastoral Charges and Communities of Faith in the discharge of their functions. They will be available for consultation and support and will provide information, counsel, and when necessary, referrals. They ensure that the employment policies and procedures of the United Church of Canada are implemented and followed. They will also be a resource person to Regional Council Committees and are responsible for the administration related to the portfolio (maintaining records, processing grants and performing administrative functions), as well as attending the General Council gatherings of Pastoral Relations Ministers. They will initiate measures that will strengthen pastoral relationships and be proactive in responding to situations that may potentially disrupt the pastoral relationship.
The Regional Council is committed to working in a regional context. Therefore, this position requires:
- flexibility and understanding as the Regional Council continues to explore regional cooperation, especially in relation to the utilization of resources;
- ability to join with laity and clergy within the Regional Council to kindle the imagination of the church in its religious life within the bounds of the Region;
- a sensitivity to the social and cultural realities of Quebec, recognizing the multi-linguistic and multi-cultural dimensions within the Regional Council;
- a willingness to explore emerging models of ministry and to develop their applications to respond to the changing needs of the church.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and ability required.
- Post-secondary education or appropriate life experience, together with 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively in English and French, with a particular emphasis on verbal fluency;
- Demonstrated skills in administration, time management and situational analysis with the ability to respond to a high volume of inquiries efficiently and personably;
- A collegial, consultative working style with an ability to build trust with colleagues and to energize the Region as it follows its mission and ministry;
- An ability to discern appropriate pathways through complex issues, problems, and opportunities, and ability to help the courts of the church to make informed decisions and articulate its positions on a wide range of issues;
- A high respect for confidentiality is necessary;
- A clear sense of personal and professional boundaries and the ability to discern appropriate pro-active and re-active responses;
- Computer skills and willingness to use technology for communications;
- Knowledge of and experience in The United Church of Canada structure, policies and ethos are assets.
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, The United Church of Canada will provide assistance to employees who request accommodation throughout their employment with United Church of Canada, unless the position is deemed to be a bona fide occupational requirement and/or to the point of undue hardship considering issues of health, safety and cost.
This position works from the Pastoral Relations Minister’s home office or from another local office under normal office working conditions. Considerable travel is required, largely within the bounds of the Conference, as well as evening and weekend work. Some work will require extensive time on the road, in the air. Manual dexterity is required to use computer and peripherals. Intermittent physical activity including sitting, standing, and lifting.
Salary will be based on skills and experience, within the annual salary range of $61,083 – $81,445 (Order of Ministry Rate) or $69,398 – $92,531 (Lay Equivalent Rate).
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, quoting the job number to email@example.com.
See the posting on United Church of Canada website : https://www.united-church.ca/opportunities/pastoral-relations-minister-conseil-regional-nakonhaka-regional-council-0